Friday 24 February 2012

Introduction

Hi.

Welcome to the new blog for my one-man games studio, Psychotic Psoftware.

Basically, I make smallish games for different formats, learning as I go and becoming more proficient with the coding, art and music sides of production, not to mention the design and preproduction side of things and the post production marketing, etc.

I have honed a few of my skills in these areas but a lot of this stuff is still new ground to me.

By following this blog, you'll basically be joing me on my journey. Every now and then I'll document one  of my little production processes, taking screenshots and making a note of what I did. When I feel there's enough, I'll create a new page for the blog and post it here.

As some of you will already know, my first attempt at game production is going to be an indie game for the X-Box Live Arcade. It's a classic styled side scrolling shoot-em-up programmed in XNA with the working title: "Power-Up".

It's still early days yet but I've pretty much got the controls and weapon mechanics in. Now I'm populating the game with enemies, and later, levels. If you subscribe, you'll get to see the processes with varying levels of detail, I'm sure.

So thanks for visiting.Don't forget to subscribe. You can also follow me on any or all of the channels below...

---

Twitter:

Facebook:

YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment